събота, 18 февруари 2012 г.

“CTRL:A”

Another Monday, and another episode Pretty Little Liars. This week A turns their sites away from the girls and focuses on Caleb (Tyler Blackburn). Meanwhile Spencer (Troian Bellisario) deals with family drama involving Jason Dilaurentis (Drew Van Acker), the girls uncover more information about Ali’s (Sasha Pieterse) alter ego Vivian Darkbloom, and Aria (Lucy Hale) learns Holden’s (Shane Coffey) secret. Here’s The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly of “CTRL:A.”

The Good:

I love that Caleb gets such a big storyline. For as tech savvy as A is the girls are woefully inept – they’re basically Luddites and they need Caleb. One of my favorite parts of this arc is how realistic it seems. I love the continuity from last week with the school computers being hacked. I wonder if that means Mona (Janel Parish) really is involved? I like that Garrett (Yani Gellman) and Officer Wilden (Bryce Johnson) pretty much follow the rules with Caleb, complete with a warrant and no hacking into his computer (this time). And I love that after all of the girls worrying Caleb is exonerated, more or less. I do wonder if this means A will try extra hard to stop Caleb next time.

I hope this little hacking fiasco makes him a bit more cautious and that Caleb takes the threats from A a bit more seriously. That being said I wish the girls would give him a little bit more information about what’s really going on. At this point I feel like Caleb is in more danger because he doesn’t know the whole truth.

I really dig the Spencer and Jason storyline. It’s neat that they’re sort of working together to figure out the same mystery and connecting as siblings too. I hope Jason isn’t involved with A or Garrett and Jenna because I think he could be a great asset to the liars, and could end up having a great relationship with Spencer.

I feel badly for Emily (Shay Mitchell) because I’m starting to really like her character again, but I am really glad it looks like her relationship with Maya (Bianca Lawson) is over. I’m sure A realized Maya found another box that could implicate them, though so I wonder if she’s really gone or if Maya will be used as a pawn now.

The Bad:

OK, my jokes about Holden being a cage fighter for like the past three weeks were really just supposed to be jokes. I’m pretty disappointed that I predicted his storyline almost exactly. Okay so I said cage fighting and blood disease but he’s actually some crazy martial artist with an aortic aneurysm but that’s basically the same. I don’t like being clairvoyant when my ridiculous ramblings turn out to be true.

I hope my next ridiculous rambling doesn’t come to fruition as well. I think that Ezra (Ian Harding) will take the Hollis satellite program job and Aria will end up starting to date Holden for real; then Holden’s heart will give out and he’ll die and Aria will go running back Ezra. How’s that for ridiculous?

The Ugly:

This Jonah (Alex Weed) character Ali was involved with is creepy; but I think he holds the key to A. I just wish we knew why Ali was dressing up as Vivian Darkbloom. Did she think that she could trick A? And if she wasn’t blackmailing Mr. Hastings (Nolan North) who was all that money from and why did she need it?

I’m beginning to wonder how much Garrett and Jenna know about A. Could it be they are just murderers trying to cover their tracks and not crazy, stalkery, sociopaths? Garrett seems super surprised by the candy striper picture and that doesn’t seem like a detail A would let slip by.

Pretty Little Liars continues to up the ante every week and is definitely building momentum for an epic finale in a few weeks. I’m so glad that more questions are being answered and can’t wait for the new episode next week. What did you think?

Няма коментари:

Публикуване на коментар